Terms & Conditions
YMOVES TERMS OF SERVICE
Version 01, Effective from November 01, 2020
What’s covered in these terms?
Please read these important Terms of Service to understand what you can expect from us as a registered user of our service (Ymoves website) and what we expect from you.
These Terms of Service reflect the way this website works, the laws that apply to our service, and certain things we’ve always believed to be true. As a result, these Terms of Service help define the relationship with you as you interact with our services. For example, these terms include the following topic headings:
- What you can expect from us, which describes how we provide our services through this website.
- What we expect from you, which establishes certain rules for using this website.
- Contents in Ymoves.net, which describes the intellectual property rights to the content you find in our services — whether that content belongs to you, Ymoves, or others
- In case of problems or disagreements, which describes other legal rights you have, and what to expect in case someone violates these terms
Ymoves services are provided by, and you’re contracting with: Ymoves Project, Aparajeyo-Bangladesh, established in 1995 under the registration of NGO Affairs Bureau (Reg. No. 908, dated 21.02.1995 under the provision of The Foreign Donations (Voluntary Activities) Regulation Ordinance). Silver Garden, Plot 41-45, Rupnagar Extension, Baishteki, Mirpur-13, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
To register with Ymoves you have to be above 12 years old. If you’re under the age of 12, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to use this website as registered user. Please have your parent or legal guardian read these terms with you. If you’re a parent or legal guardian, and you allow your child to use our website as registered user, then these terms apply to you and you’re responsible for your child’s activity on the website.
Your relationship with Ymoves
These terms help define the relationship between you and Ymoves. Broadly speaking, we give you permission to use our website as registered user if you agree to follow these terms, which reflect how Ymoves provide services. When we speak of “Ymoves,” “we,” “us,” and “our,” we mean Ymoves and its primary representative “Aparajeyo-Bangladesh”.
What you can expect from us
We provide different services that are subject to these terms, including:
- Online courses on different issues like
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
- Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV)
- Child Protection (CP)
- Child Rights (CR)
- Blogging and group messaging
- Participate in online events
Improve Ymoves website services
We will be constantly developing new platforms and features to improve our services. For example, we will add more online courses, email facilities, mobile app, personal online space etc. As part of this continual improvement, we sometimes add or remove features and functionalities, increase or decrease limits to our services, and start offering new services or stop offering old ones. If we make material changes that negatively impact your use of our services or if we stop offering a service, we’ll provide you with reasonable advance notice and an opportunity to export your content from your Ymoves Account, except in urgent situations such as preventing abuse, responding to legal requirements, or addressing security and operability issues.
What we expect from you
Follow these terms and service-specific additional terms The permission we give you to use our website services continues as long as you meet your responsibilities in:
- these terms
- service-specific additional terms, which could, for example, include things like additional age requirements
Many of our services allow you to interact with others. We want to maintain a respectful environment for everyone, which means you must follow these basic rules of conduct:
- comply with applicable laws, including Children Act, Digital Security Act, The Right to Information Act
- respect the rights of others, including privacy and intellectual property rights
- don’t abuse or harm others or yourself (or threaten or encourage such abuse or harm) — for example, by misleading, defrauding, defaming, bullying, harassing, or stalking others
- don’t abuse, harm, interfere with, or disrupt the services
Permission to use your content
Some of our services are designed to let you upload, submit, store, send, receive, or share your content. You have no obligation to provide any content to our services and you’re free to choose the content that you want to provide. If you choose to upload or share content, please make sure you have the necessary rights to do so and that the content is lawful.
Your content remains yours, which means that you retain any intellectual property rights that you have in your content. For example, you have intellectual property rights in the creative content you make, such as stories you write. Or you may have the right to share someone else’s creative content if they’ve given you their permission. We need your permission if your intellectual property rights restrict our use of your content. You provide Ymoves with that permission through this license.
This license covers your content if that content is protected by intellectual property rights.
What’s not covered
- This license doesn’t affect your privacy rights — it’s only about your intellectual property rights
- This license doesn’t cover these types of content:
- publicly-available factual information that you provide, that information doesn’t require a license because it’s considered common knowledge that everyone’s free to use.
- feedback that you offer, such as suggestions to improve our services. Feedback is covered in the Service-related communications section below.
This license is:
- worldwide, which means it’s valid anywhere in the world
- non-exclusive, which means you can license your content to others
- royalty-free, which means there are no fees for this license
This license allows Ymoves to:
- host, reproduce, distribute, communicate, and use your content — for example, to save your content on our systems and make it accessible from anywhere you go
- publish, publicly perform, or publicly display your content, if you’ve made it visible to others
- modify and create derivative works based on your content, such as reformatting or translating it
- sublicense these rights to:
- other users to allow the services to work as designed, such as enabling you to share photos with people you choose
- our contractors who’ve signed agreements with us that are consistent with these terms, only for the limited purposes described in the Purpose section below.
This license is for the limited purpose of:
- operating and improving the services, which means allowing the services to work as designed and creating new features and functionalities. This includes using automated systems and algorithms to analyze your content:
- for spam, malware, and illegal content
- to recognize patterns in data, such as determining when to suggest a new service in Ymoves.
- to customize our services for you, such as providing recommendations and personalization. This analysis occurs as the content is sent, received, and when it is stored.
- using content you’ve shared publicly to promote the services. For example, to promote a campaign, we might quote a review you wrote. Or to promote an event, we might show a screenshot of the service you took.
- developing project’s report, publication, survey and others for Ymoves with these terms.
This license lasts for as long as your content is protected by intellectual property rights. If you remove from our services any content that’s covered by this license, then our systems will stop making that content publicly available in a reasonable amount of time. There are two exceptions:
- If you already shared your content with others before removing it. For example, if you shared a photo or story or activity with a friend who then made a copy of it, or shared it again, then that photo or story or activity may continue to appear in your friend’s Account even after you remove it from your Ymoves Account.
- If you make your content available through other website or media services, it’s possible that search engines, including Google Search, will continue to find and display your content as part of their search results.
Using Ymoves services
Your Ymoves Account If you meet these age requirements you can create a Ymoves Account for your convenience. You’re responsible for what you do with your Ymoves Account, including taking reasonable steps to keep your Ymoves Account secure, and we encourage you to regularly change your password and other security measures.
Using Ymoves services on behalf of an organization
Many organizations, such as businesses, non-profits, and schools, may take advantage of our services. To use our services on behalf of an organization:
- an authorized representative of that organization must agree to these terms
- your organization’s administrator may assign a Ymoves Account to you. That administrator might require you to follow additional rules and may be able to access or disable your Ymoves Account.
Content in Ymoves services
Some of our services give you the opportunity to make your content publicly available — for example, you might post a review that you wrote, or you might upload a blog post that you created.
- See the Permission to use your content section for more about your rights in your content, and how your content is used in our services
- See the Removing your content section to learn why and how we might remove user-generated content from our services
Some of our services include content that belongs to Ymoves — for example, many of the visual illustrations you see in our website. You may use Ymoves’ content as allowed by these terms and any service-specific additional terms, but we retain any intellectual property rights that we have in our content. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any of our branding, logos, or legal notices. If you want to use our branding or logos, please directly communicate with us.
Finally, some of our services give you access to content that belongs to other people or organizations — for example, an event coverage of a NGO, photos, articles. You may not use this content without that person or organization’s permission, or as otherwise allowed by law. The views expressed in other people or organizations’ content are theirs, and don’t necessarily reflect Ymoves’ views.
Mobile app of Ymoves services
We might offer you to download our mobile app to use our service. We give you permission to use that app as part of the services. The license we give you is:
- worldwide, which means it’s valid anywhere in the world
- non-exclusive, which means that we can license the app to others
- royalty-free, which means there are no fees for this license
- personal, which means it doesn’t extend to anyone else
- non-assignable, which means you’re not allowed to assign the license to anyone else
In case of problems or disagreements
By law, you have the right to (1) a certain quality of service, and (2) ways to fix problems if things go wrong. These terms don’t limit or take away any of those rights. For example, if you’re a registered user, then you continue to enjoy all legal rights granted to our users under applicable law.
We provide our services using reasonable skill and care. If we don’t meet the quality level, you agree to tell us and we’ll work with you to try to resolve the issue.
The only commitments we make about our services (including the content in the services, the specific functions of our services, or their reliability, availability, or ability to meet your needs) are (1) described in the Warranty section, (2) stated in the service-specific additional terms, or (3) provided under applicable laws. We don’t make any other commitments about our services. And unless required by law, we don’t provide implied warranties, such as the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
For all users These terms only limit our responsibilities as allowed by applicable law. Specifically, these terms don’t limit Ymoves’ liability for death or personal injury, fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, gross negligence, or willful misconduct. Other than the rights and responsibilities described in this section (In case of problems or disagreements), Ymoves won’t be responsible for any other losses, unless they’re caused by our breach of these terms or service-specific additional terms.
For business users and organizations only
If you’re a business user or organization, then to the extent allowed by applicable law:
- You’ll indemnify Ymoves and its responsible parties for any third-party legal proceedings (including actions by government authorities) arising out of or relating to your unlawful use of the services or violation of these terms or service-specific additional terms. This indemnity covers any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, judgments, fines, litigation costs, and legal fees.
- Ymoves won’t be responsible for the following liabilities:
- loss of profits, revenues, business opportunities, goodwill, or anticipated savings
- indirect or consequential loss
- punitive damages
Taking action in case of problems
Before taking action as described below, we’ll provide you with advance notice when reasonably possible, describe the reason for our action, and give you an opportunity to fix the problem, unless we reasonably believe that doing so would:
- cause harm or liability to a user, third party, or Ymoves
- violate the law or a legal enforcement authority’s order
- compromise an investigation
- compromise the operation, integrity, or security of our services
Removing your content
If we reasonably believe that any of your content (1) breaches these terms, service-specific additional terms or policies, (2) violates applicable law, or (3) could harm our users, third parties, or Ymoves, then we reserve the right to take down some or all of that content in accordance with applicable law. Examples include child pornography, content that facilitates human trafficking or harassment, and content that infringes someone else’s intellectual property rights.
Suspending or terminating your access to Ymoves services
Ymoves reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the services or delete your Ymoves Account if any of these things happen:
- you materially or repeatedly breach these terms, service-specific additional terms or policies
- we’re required to do so to comply with a legal requirement or a court order
- we reasonably believe that your conduct causes harm or liability to a user, third party, or Ymoves — for example, by hacking, phishing, harassing, spamming, misleading others, or scraping content that doesn’t belong to you.
If you believe your Ymoves Account has been suspended or terminated in error, you can appeal. Of course, you’re always free to stop using our services at any time. If you do stop using a service, we’d appreciate knowing why so that we can continue improving our services.
Settling disputes, governing law, and courts
For information about how to contact Ymoves, please visit our contact page. Bangladeshi law will govern all disputes arising out of or relating to these terms, service-specific additional terms, or any related services, regardless of conflict of laws rules.
About these terms
By law, you have certain rights that can’t be limited by a contract like these terms of service. These terms are in no way intended to restrict those rights. These terms describe the relationship between you and Ymoves. They don’t create any legal rights for other people or organizations, even if others benefit from that relationship under these terms. If these terms conflict with the service-specific additional terms, the additional terms will govern for that service. If it turns out that a particular term is not valid or enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. If you don’t follow these terms or the service-specific additional terms, and we don’t take action right away, that doesn’t mean we’re giving up any rights that we may have, such as taking action in the future. We may update these terms and service-specific additional terms (1) to reflect changes in our services — for example, when we add new services, features, technologies (or remove old ones), (2) for legal, regulatory, or security reasons, or (3) to prevent abuse or harm.
If we materially change these terms or service-specific additional terms, we’ll provide you with reasonable advance notice and the opportunity to review the changes, except (1) when we launch a new service or feature, or (2) in urgent situations, such as preventing ongoing abuse or responding to legal requirements. If you don’t agree to the new terms, you should remove your content and stop using the services. You can also end your relationship with us at any time by closing your Ymoves Account.
Version 01, Effective from November 01, 2020
When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
We build our services that help thousands of people to explore Ymoves activity. Our services include:
- Online courses
- Sharing news, stories, photos and videos
- Sharing posts of social media
- Blogging, email and messaging services (currently may not available)
- Mobile app for Ymoves’ all services (currently may not available)
You can use our services to manage your privacy. For example, you can sign up for a Account if you want to create and manage your profile like blogging post, news, events, emails and photos, or see more relevant search results. And you can use our services when you’re signed out or without creating an account at all, like our website’s public information.
INFORMATION YMOVES COLLECTS
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services
We collect information to provide better services to all our users — from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, which courses you are attending, which browser or device you use and when you connects our services including from where. The information Ymoves collects, and how that information is used, depends on how you use our services and how you manage your privacy controls.
When you’re not signed in to an Ymoves Account, we store the information we collect with unique identifiers tied to the browser, application, or device you’re using. This helps us do things like maintain your language preferences across browsing sessions. When you’re signed in, we also collect information that we store with your Ymoves Account, which we treat as personal information.
Things you create or provide to us
When you create an Ymoves Account, you provide us with personal information that includes your name, date of birth, division, district, phone number and password. You can also choose to add your gender, address, profile picture and cover photo to your account. Even if you aren’t signed in to an Ymoves Account, you might choose to provide us with information — like an email address to receive newsletters, notification and updates about our services. We also collect the content you create, upload, or receive from others when using our services. This includes things like email or messages you write and receive, photos-videos-news you save, share and upload and comments you make on our services.
Information we collect as you use our services
Your apps, browsers & devices We collect information about the apps, browsers, and devices you use to access Ymoves services, which helps us provide features like automatic updates and dimming your screen if your battery runs low. The information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number. We also collect information about the interaction of your apps, browsers, and devices with our services, including IP address, crash reports, system activity, and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request. We collect this information when Ymoves service on your device contacts our servers — for example, when you visit our website or install our app or when a service checks for automatic updates. If you’re using an Android device with our apps, your device periodically contacts Ymoves servers to provide information about your device and connection to our services. This information includes things like your device type, carrier name, crash reports, and which apps you've installed.
WHY YMOVES COLLECTS DATA
We use data to build better services
We use the information we collect from all our services for the following purposes:
Provide our services
We use your information to deliver our services, like processing the terms you search for in order to return results or helping you share content by suggesting recipients from your contacts.
Maintain & improve our services
We also use your information to ensure our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us. And we use your information to make improvements to our services — for example, understanding which online courses are most frequently taken.
Develop new services
We use the information we collect in existing services to help us develop new ones. For example, understanding how people performing in online courses, helped us design, launch and improve new online courses.
We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. For example, we analyze data about your visits to our sites to do things like contents upload, sharing stories, news, photos and videos to optimize our storage capacity. And we also use data about the blogs, email & messaging you interact with to help understand the performance of our service design the way we developed our services. We use a variety of tools to do this, including Google Analytics.
Communicate with you
We use information we collect, like your email address and phone numbers, to interact with you directly. For example, we may send you a notification if we detect suspicious activity, like an attempt to sign in to your Account from an unusual location. Or we may let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to our services. And if you contact Ymoves, we’ll keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
Protect Ymoves, our users, and the public
We use information to help improve the safety and reliability of our services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm Ymoves, our users, or the public.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
When you share your information
Our services let you share information with other people, for example, you can share news, stories, photos, videos on newsfeed or blogs. Remember, if you share information publicly, your content may become accessible through search engines, including Google Search. When you’re signed in and interact with our services, like leaving comments, your name and photo appear next to your activity. We may also display this information in our annual report or publications.
When Ymoves shares your information
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside the guidelines of Ymoves project except in the following cases:
With your consent
We’ll share personal information outside of Ymoves when we have your consent.
With domain administrators
If you’re a student, NCTF member or work for an organization that uses Ymoves services, your Project Officer, domain administrator and authority who manage your account will have access to your Ymoves Account. They may be able to:
- Access and retain information stored in your account, like your photos, videos, stories, messages, emails.
- View statistics regarding your account, like how many courses you’ve taken
- Change your account password
- Suspend or terminate your account access
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit your information or your privacy settings
For legal reasons
We will share personal information outside of Ymoves if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request. We share information about the number and type of requests we receive from governments.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Ymoves, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
ABOUT THIS POLICY
When this policy applies
- The information practices of other projects and organizations that advertise our services
- Services offered by other NGOs or individuals, including campaigns or websites that may include Ymoves services.
Changes to this policy